The iEast Olio Wi-Fi Module is a wireless sound streamer that turns your speakers into a Wireless Multi-room sound system by connecting to your home Wi-Fi network. In other words this means that you can play synchronized music in multiple rooms in your home. For instance if you have four speakers in your home, with an easy setup you can then enjoy your music everywhere.
No, the Wi-Fi Module just gives you the option to stream music using your Wi-Fi and to stream music simultaneously to multiple speakers. You can also play via the built in Bluetooth and through the 3.5 mm cable that is included with your speaker purchase.
The Wi-Fi Module is compatible with both 2.4G and 5.0G Wi-Fi router.
The biggest difference is that Bluetooth only allows for short-range data transfer between devices. Bluetooth also limits the number of devices that can connect at one time. With Wi-Fi connection, as long as you have a good Wi-Fi connection you can connect multiple speakers and have a long distance between them. Some also think that the audio quality is better when streaming music with Wi-Fi.
Yes! Make sure you have a Spotify Premium account and stream it using the Spotify App, or just play on an iPhone and Airplay it.
Of course! Check out our Spotify here
Or just scan the Spotify code below.
To connect to the iEast Olio Wi-Fi Module, please follow these steps:
1. Download the "iEast Controller" app from App Store or Google Play Store on your smartphone or tablet. Make sure your device is connected to the same WiFi you want to connect your speakers to.
2. Connect the USB cable to the Wi-Fi Module and to your Transparent Speaker on the rear/bottom panel.
3. Connect the music cable to the Wi-Fi Module and to the Line in socket on the rear/bottom panel.
4. Switch on your speaker and set the volume knob +50% to hear the various sound effects.
5. The Wi-Fi Module should now automatically go to set up mode and you should hear "Now in set up mode..." from the speaker.
6. Open the iEast app and select "Add device" from the menu.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the iEast Olio Wi-Fi Module to your home Wi-Fi network. You will need to enter your Wi-Fi network name and password.
8. Once the iEast Olio Wi-Fi Module is connected to your Wi-Fi network, it will appear in the iEast app. You can now start streaming music to your Transparent speaker.
9. Repeat the steps to connect multiple speakers.
You can also find video instructions further down on this page.
1. First, follow the previous instructions on how to connect to the Wi-Fi Module.
2. In the "Devices" menu where you can see all your connected modules and speakers, click the small icon that looks like two speakers with a + sign.
3. Simple check each speaker that you wish to add to the group.
4. You should consider clicking the letter L/R/LR in the devices info box, to set your various speakers to a wider stereo mode if they are in the same room. Then you set one or more speakers on one side of the room to L and the other side to R. If you will play music in many rooms you might prefer to have all in LR setting.
To put a previously connected module in set up mode, when its connected and power is on, press the small button on the Wi-Fi Module for about 5 seconds and release. You should now hear "Now in setup mode..."
Press the small button longer than 5 seconds and release, then you should hear "...has been reset".
Yes, as long as the speaker got a USB connection and a line in jack it should be all good to go.
Yes you do.